£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
almost 3 years ago
Commercial Brand Manager (Buying/Trading) - Food Retail
Package: £35,000 - £40,000
Location: Central London
Looking to fast-track your career in a truly meritocratic business?
An excellent opportunity to develop your career with a well-established global food retail business. You will join a growing commercial team that will play an important role in driving sales and commercial projects for a leading food retail brand in the UK.
A highly commercial role, you will be responsible for the 12 month commercial plan to deliver EBITDA growth in 2 key ways:
Like-for-like sales growth - using a variety of levers such as range improvement, optimisation of pricing and promotion, upselling and maximisation of the use of space to drive category performance.
Gross margin improvement - working with a range of tools to identify and take advantage of supplier income opportunities, standardising or developing new recipes, or reducing the impact that commercial activity has on waste and labour.
So, what will you be doing?
- Commercial plan - supporting the Head of Commercial to create the commercial plan for your brand
- Analytics - ensuring that every initiative is modelled on a product by product / unit by unit basis and forecast outcomes. Test and learn based on the commercial results
- Preparing marketing briefs for the Marketing function - such as NPD, creative design, marketing planning and brand development
- Roll out - if successful, rolling out and looking for optimisation opportunities either in other brands or in other product categories where the same principles can be applied
- New openings - manage the commercial set up for new openings including range, pricing, POS
- Presenting - all commercial activity must be margin additive, hence this role will present regularly to the UK and Global CEOs and other senior stakeholders
What are they looking for?
- Experience using price, range, display and space, upselling, margin and category optimisation to deliver commercial results
- Ability to drive decision-making through analysis and based on evidence, rather than intuition
- Ability to develop innovative ideas to drive top and bottom line, testing, learning and refining and then operationalizing them
- A good understanding of the impact of external factors on growth, including competition and seasonality
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders
Interested? If you're an ambitious commercial candidate looking to broaden your skill sets and get ahead in your career, we'd love to hear from you.