£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
over 3 years ago
- Category Executive role managing category relationships for Tesco Express & Co-Op
- Working with UK top 20 brands / No1 in core category
- Progression to Manager level within 12 - 18 months
- Company perks include on-site gym, heated swimming pool and a 9 hole golf course
They have a strong British heritage with the No.1 brand in their core category (16th largest grocery brand in the UK), bought by almost 60% of UK households annually. Their portfolio also includes a number of other No1 and high-growth brands across a range of other categories.
Having sold off a loss-making business unit in 2016 and following a re-structure, the business have become far more lean and profitable, with a clear strategy and a strong platform for growth.
As the Category Development Executive, you'll manage the customer category relationships for Tesco Express and Co-Op.
- Generating actionable insights from EPOS data (Kantar, Nielsen, IRI, dunnhumby)
- Supporting the commercial, brand and shopper marketing teams with category insight to unlock opportunities for growth
- Managing relationships with buyers and delivering insights to make recommendations on range, merchandising and promotions
- Delivering key sector insight and development plans to support the on-going multi channel strategy
- Supporting the Senior Category Manager in delivering the category vision and strategy for the retailer
What they're looking for
- Experience and drive to progress to Manager level within the next 12 - 18 months
- FMCG category management experience, or exposure to category management in an agency insights role
- Highly proficient in translating EPOS data into insight (Kantar, Nielsen, IRI, dunnhumby)
- Experience presenting insights and recommendations (internally and externally)
- Ability to build and manage relationships with buyers, agencies and other teams within the business
- Space planning experience (JDA) is desirable but not essential
What they can offer
The business is sizeable and can offer opportunities for continued progression, either vertically, or laterally into commercial or marketing roles depending on your preference.
On top of a competitive base salary + benefits, impressive on-site perks include a heated swimming pool, a gym and a 9 hole golf course.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you… Simply click Apply and one of your team will be in touch with you to discuss the opportunity further.