A BRIEF OVERVIEW:
- Owns category relationship with Boots across 8 personal categories, building relationships with buyers at all levels.
- Carrying out adhoc projects carried out across other high street and online channels (work with Superdrug and Amazon), managing the category budget, and a Category Analyst.
- Previous experience working as a strategic category partner with Tesco, with a strong background in category & shopper insights.
- Created category plans for all major brands in Boots, leading to defining big bets, establishing a more credible and objective relationship (work cited by boots Trading director within first 6 months) and helping growth of 2% in net sales on the account, an improvement on a flat performance the year before.
- Built category case during range review to move a key brand from 5th to 1st shelf on fixture with shopper insights supporting its role as an entry level format in its category. This has resulted in category growing from -2% to +4% pre vspost 12 weeks YOY, as brand sales also grew from +10% to +20%.
- Led a number of range reviews as the chosen supplier, helping to win distribution points for NPD at or above targets, also helping to win arguments against weaker competitor skus to gain incremental shelf space. Gains on brands within 2 core categories increased between 1-5 points.
- Responsible for ‘data champions’ task force, setting out a plan of activities to increase the return on insights by raising awareness and capability across the MS&P, Sales and Marketing teams. Work recognized as part of the 2020 corporate strategy for business effectiveness.
WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Senior/Lead Category role aligned to key strategic customer(s).
- Open to categories, having previously worked across Food & Drinks.
- Interested in team management (not essential).
- A well-established business with market leading brands.
DESIRED LOCATIONS: London & Home Counties
NOTICE: 3 months