A BRIEF OVERVIEW:
- Sole Category Manager for a branded Food & Drinks business with responsibility across all categories, customers and channels (Grocery, Wholesale, Foodservice & Independents), striving to ensure the category function continually delivers value to the business and their retail customers.
- Supporting brand planning, kicking off the process with a category context session and guiding the process throughout, ensuring brand plans for the yer have a strong category foundation.
- Managing relationships with data partners (Nielsen, Kantar WP), working to ensure maximum value from a limited budget.
- Several range wins in the Grocery Multiples to date including category enhancing NPD and distribution gains on existing lines.
- Supported double-digit category value growth in the Multiples through recommendation of value-enhancing lines.
- Activated a 'Category & Brand day' with Sainsbury's to develop their position as category captains - this day supported Sainsbury's' macrospace gains in their core category and allowed them to address Sainsbury's' under-trade in the category.
- Developed the business' first ever Category Vision, launching this into both internal and external stakeholders.
- Activated customer facing category management in Asda, Siansbury's and independent channel customers.
WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR:
- The opportunity to work as a strategic partner with key customers across top 4 or emerging channels.
- Breadth/exposure to commercial strategy & insights beyond pure customer category management.
- Open to working for a mid-large sized business in an established category & insights function.
- Open to working for SMEs to develop & enhance their category & commercial capabilities.
DESIRED LOCATIONS: Central London
NOTICE: 3 months