A BRIEF OVERVIEW:
- Experienced Head of Commercial with a breadth of experience across Grocery, Online, C&I & Discounters.
- Created and implemented long term eCommerce strategies for the Grocery, Pureplay, Wholesale and Delivery channels for a leading Food & Drinks business.
- Lead the creation and internal buy-in of a five-year strategy to double net sales from e-Grocery and Pureplay accounts.
- Upskilled marketing and trade marketing teams on the benefits and opportunities from e-commerce and how to drive shopper conversion across the path to purchase through effective use of digital and social media.
- Brought into a newly created role to accelerate performance across ten business channels including eCommerce, Discounters, Convenience and Wholesale for a global consumer business - full P&L responsibility for over £25million in retail sales (28% of et sales, 33% of profit), and line management for a team of six direct reports,
- Previously led the Grocery channel managing a team, resonsible for developing and implementing an investment strategy that grew sales and profitability, increased distribution, reduce volume sold on deal.
- Developed and implemented five-year business plans and trading strategies for each retail channel, resulting in over £2.8m net sales growth in the first two years, 14% volume growth and delivering over £1.5m incremental profit.
- Introduced new pricing and promotional guidelines for all channels, giving retailers greater clarity of investment for joint business planning & stripping out over £1m of unprofitable business from the P&L.
- Led and managed the re-negotiation of all trading terms with Convenience, Discount, Wholesale and High Street customers, delivering £1.9m year-on-year net sales growth from £225,000 overall less investment.
- Accelerated eCommerce growth ahead of the market, delivering minimum a 40% year-on-year growth without reducing profitability and securing investment to double size of Amazon business and treble business with another key key online customer.
- Created company's first global retail partner with a key customer, allowing for local market execution across the globe for the first time, devising a five-year 400% growth strategy.
- Negotiated ‘invest to grow’ joint business plan package, increasing distribution and shelf facings, progressing promotional price points, resulting in 13% YOY NSV growth, reversing a two-year sales decline on their biggest brand.
- Implemented the largest ever product launch for the category in Asda, establishing a £2m RSV brand and taking over 11% category share in two years.
WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A commercial leadership role with opportunity to drive change and growth in established or emerging channels.
- Open to any core FMCG category.
- Ideally looking for permanent but open to FTC or consulting projects.
DESIRED LOCATION: South-East or South-West
NOTICE: Immediately available