A global FMCG manufacturer who are market leaders within their product categories are searching for a talented and highly ambitious Category Strategy Manager. The position will have high levels of responsibility for both the Local (UK) and regional sales and marketing teams.
This is an opportunity to develop and drive the Category Growth Strategy and shape the Go to Market strategy. Developing deep understanding of shopper and trade insights, you will identify opportunities and risks which will drive the business toward rapid and decisive action plans to win in the market.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop short and long term category strategies based on an understanding of each market and trends
- Play a leading role in annual category planning and reviews
- Work with Sales and Customer Marketing to develop and agree clear Point of Purchase, Pricing and Promotions plans
- Delivering commercial propositions and identifying point of purchase solutions
- Developing NPD including understanding and identifying opportunities and developing category focused sell-in stories
- Makes decisions based on a thorough understanding of Trade Spend and Gross Margin
Candidates must have a strong understanding of Pricing and Promotions from an FMCG manufacturer. Your experience could be from a Syndicated Insight Agency (Nielsen / IRI / Dunnhumby etc), Category Management or Sales background and demonstrate commercial acumen and the driving factors behind shoppers purchasing products in store.
This role will provide the successful applicant fantastic career progression both in the UK and internationally. In return a highly competitive package is on offer, including company bonus, car allowance, contributory pension scheme, private health care, free parking on-site and much more.