£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
A UK leading convenience retail business is currently looking for a Trade Marketing Manager to join their Essex based team, offering the flexibility to work from home.
This Trade Marketing role is an excellent opportunity to make a substantial impact in a market leading business within an increasingly expanding channel.
The role will be focussed on leading "Seasons and Events" to drive positive like-for-like sales. This is a key position within the business and will report directly to the Customer Director.
- Develop the Seasonal & Events Trade plan and drive like-for-like sales growth
- Develop all promotional strategies incl. all main and secondary seasonal events
- Analyse commercial data and deliver insights to influence range, pricing and promotional planning and identify areas of opportunity to improve sales performance
- Continuous awareness and knowledge of the business commercial operating model e.g. sales, margins etc.
- Complete ownership of 4 key planning stages;
- Scoping - market analysis and insights concerning key learnings, objectives and propositions for upcoming seasons
- Proposition - developing key promotions, ranges and marketing activity by store type
- Execution - finalising and singing off all activity
- Launch - developing internal communication plans
- Manage various Internal stakeholders - liaise regularly with Senior Buying, Marketing, Commercial Finance and Operations teams
- Work closely with In-Store Marketing team to deliver best in class customer communications
- Lead internal planning meetings to ensure first-class output and innovation
Desired skills & experience:
- Similar experience working within Retail or FMCG
- Ability to influence at senior level
- Commercial acumen - comfortable with numbers, understands sales, margins etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Along with complete ownership of trade marketing, you will be exposed to a variety of marketing and commercial functions within the business, giving you unparalleled professional exposure and valuable experience to excel within your career and the wider Retail/FMCG industry.
As well as a highly competitive basic salary, this role provides a range of fantastic benefits including a contributory pension scheme and more!