£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
6 months ago
Looking to fast-track your career in a truly meritocratic business?
An excellent opportunity to develop your career with a well-established global food retail business. You will join a growing commercial team that will play an important role in driving sales and commercial projects for a leading food retail brand in the UK.
A highly commercial role, you will be responsible for the 12 month commercial plan to deliver EBITDA growth in 2 key ways:
- Like-for-like sales growth - using a variety of levers such as range improvement, optimisation of pricing and promotion, up selling and maximisation of the use of space to drive category performance.
- Gross margin improvement - working with a range of tools to identify and take advantage of supplier income opportunities, standardising or developing new recipes, or reducing the impact that commercial activity has on waste and labour.
- Commercial plan - supporting the Head of Commercial to create the commercial plan for your brand
- Analytics - ensuring that every initiative is modelled on a product by product / unit by unit basis and forecast outcomes. Test and learn based on the commercial results
- Preparing marketing briefs for the Marketing function - such as NPD, creative design, marketing planning and brand development
- Roll out - if successful, rolling out and looking for optimisation opportunities either in other brands or in other product categories where the same principles can be applied
- New openings - manage the commercial set up for new openings including range, pricing, POS
- Presenting - all commercial activity must be margin additive, hence this role will present regularly to the UK and Global CEOs and other senior stakeholders
The ideal candidate will ideally have
- Experience using price, range, display and space, up selling, margin and category optimisation to deliver commercial results
- Ability to drive decision-making through analysis and based on evidence, rather than intuition
- Ability to develop innovative ideas to drive top and bottom line, testing, learning and refining and then operationalising them
- A good understanding of the impact of external factors on growth, including competition and seasonality
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders
Package: £Highly Competitive + bonus + benefits
Location: Central London (Hybrid working)
As well as a highly competitive basic salary, this role provides a range of fantastic benefits including a strong bonus scheme, contributory pension scheme and much more