South East England, England
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
4 months ago
Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, be creative in your approach and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment? Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility? In your new role as a Packaging Technologist, you can expect to be challenged, as we will give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We're looking for a confident, talented individual who can deliver multiple packaging projects, work cross functionally with different departments and deliver against company business goals and objectives. We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
Working in a brand new R&D facility which opened this year, this is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
About the Role
A global FMCG personal care manufacturer, you will be joining a business with internationally recognised and market leading brands, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow in capability and confidence.
- Develops suitable consumer and transit packaging including display cartons, shelf ready packs, corrugated containers, and pallet layouts
- Manage modifications to existing product packaging
- Interface with all relevant departments to effectively manage projects
- Develop and execute package testing plans
- Offer factory support for pack design related engineering issues
- Development of consumer and transit packaging using external suppliers
- Implement transport tests to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
- Harmonise pack designs to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Issue and maintain packaging specifications as well as reports on outcome of industrial line trials
The ideal candidate will come from an FMCG packaging background, have knowledge of the manufacturing techniques for packing consumer products. It's essential you 'll have good project management skills, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen
Experience within the personal care category would be highly desirable but food and drink backgrounds would also be considered
As well as a highly competitive basic salary this role provides a range of fantastic benefits, including bonus, car allowance, contributory pension scheme, private health care and much more