£23000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, be creative in your approach and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment? Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility? In your new role as a Assistant Packaging Technologist, you can expect to be challenged, as we will give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We're looking for a confident, talented individual who can deliver multiple packaging projects, work cross functionally with different departments and deliver against company business goals and objectives. We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
Working in a brand new R&D facility which opened this year, this is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
About the Role
A global FMCG personal care manufacturer, you will be joining a business with internationally recognised and market leading brands, this role will push you to your limits and enable you to grow in capability and confidence.
- Manage the procurement of project component samples & associated documentation,
- Support the Packaging Engineer with component testing/validation, line trials, PTN document writing, systems management (drawing files, sample collation and filing)
- Execute approved PTN testing plans, monitor sampling and collate statistical data and issue sampling reports in conjunction with PTN report
- Offer factory support for pack design related engineering issues
- Implement transport testing for pack material changes to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
- Assist with industrial line trials: monitor materials, conduct data recording, and set up trial timing as agreed with Production and Engineering
- Produce reports & data for the assembly of legal technical dossiers and customer specifications
- Identification of new product ideas and cost initiatives in the delivery of duties
The ideal candidate will come from an FMCG background, or be a recent graduate with an interest in statistical data, sciences/design or equivalent industry experience in production or engineering
It's essential you 'll have good project management skills, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen.
You'll also have Good computer skills with knowledge of database programs, SAP, Excel, Word Office
As well as a highly competitive basic salary this role provides a range of fantastic benefits, including bonus, car allowance, contributory pension scheme, private health care and much more